Wednesday, June 30, 2010

6/30/2010- Random Thoughts

Hey everyone. This particular blog isn't going to be one of my usual blogs where I show off the goodies. I had a few things I wanted to get off my chest.

First, an apology for my lack of updates recently. I had a death in my family a few weeks ago and I really didn't feel like blogging atthat time. Plus, I have had my usual problems with my laptop ranging from issues with connecting to my wi-fi, slowness, stalling and freezing. I wanted to post last night, but ihad so much issues with it I almost put my fist through the screen. Right now, I am using my blackberry to write this. I would actually do this more often if it wasn't for the my inability to post pictures with the blackberry. I heard you could but this dumb thing won't allow me to. Its a sprint phone, go figure.

Honestly, I'm really not too sure how many people read my blog. I created this blog because I wanted to combine two of my favorite hobbies:writing and collect sports memrobilia. I have a blast writing this blog and I will keep it going if not just for my amusement only. I also created it because I wanted to make new friends and join this growing community of fellow bloggers. I'm just wondering how to go about getting more readers and followers. Any feedback from the community would be greatly appreciated. What can I do to make my blog a must read? Change the layout? Become a better writer? Blog more often? Write about other subjects? What do you all think?

Anyway, thanks for letting me use this forum to get this all out. I want to thank the followers and readers I do have for your continued support and hopefully, I can clear up my laptop issues and show my recent additions to my collection.

2 comments:

  1. hey man... the easiest way to get readers is through trading. Both on your site, but mostly on others. See what they have, make offers, etc... then mention to them if they've read your blog. Exchange links, whatever...


    second, post regularly. Doesn't have to be every day. Once a week is okay, but post every wednesday, or whatever. the worst thing is inconsistancy.

    sorry to hear about the family member... hope everything gets better. and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the kind words and advice. Your blog is one of the ones I follow regularly. I hope mine can become as good as yours one day.

    That idea about mentioning the blog in trades is a good one. I do make a lot of trades, so I will mention it. I usually have the link to my blog on my signatures in my groups, as well as mention it on my youtube videos and thought that would have bought more readers.

    Thanks again for the comments and I appreciate your support.

    ReplyDelete