Monday, July 26, 2010

Finally Started.....


Not my cards, but I just wanted to give you an idea of the project I'm tackling. See, I have been a member of my team collectors group for about 4 years now. when I first started, I kept up to date on putting base cards in their binders, everything else went into top loaders and penny sleeves. Somewhere along the way, I got lazy and when my treasures arrived, I just put them in boxes and told myself I'd put them away, eventually. Well, eventually came this past weekend.

I read a lot of blogs written by card collectors, like Wrigley Wax, Waxaholic, A Cardboard Problem and Emerald City Diamond Gems. All write terrific blogs and show off their treasures. Well, I want to do the same, so yesterday, I started to go through the boxes of cards. I came up with a game plan. Since I knew I wasn't going to be able to do everything in one day, Why not organize by company. Yesterday, I started with my favorite card company, Topps. I searched through a few boxes for Topps base cards. I haven't finished, but look to do so tonight during the Yankees game tonight. As I go along, I'll show off the goodies here and you all can see what I have.

I'm also hoping to catalouge what I have so as I get my cards, I can know right off if it's a duplicate or it's a need. I dont have an excel program, so I will be looking for a free "excel-like" program on line tonight as well.

I am really looking forward to searching through my boxes and seeing what I come up with. I bet I have some intresting stuff.

2 comments:

  1. good luck man... I started sorting two years ago. i hope to finish one day....

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. I have a feeling that this could be similar.

    ReplyDelete