Tuesday, January 22, 2013

The Beatles Yellow Submarine K'Nex



Now that I finally fixed the issue of not being able to download pictures to my blog (thanks to Hobgoblin for the tip), I have some catching up to do. I had gotten a few things that I haven't been able to blog about. Now, I can.

I finally pulled the trigger and picked up The Beatles Yellow Submarines K'Nex set. I wasn't too sure about this set. I am not a fan of smaller toys. The pieces can get lost pretty easily and the figures are pretty hard to stand. There's not a lot of detail to these little guys, but I couldn't resist. It's the Beatles. I had to have it.


The back of the package doesn't really say much about the product, but does show that there is a stage for the teeny tiny mop tops to play Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band for us.

If you decide to pick these up, you have to be careful when you open this. The pieces are really shoved into the plastic case and when you try to get them out, they can pop out at you and you can lose the pieces pretty quick. I had a couple of instruments pop up at me as if they were attacking me. Be careful.

So, once I finally was able to get the figures out of the package, I had to then get the instruments into the figures hands, which wasn't that easy. Since George has a tuba, you have to pop off his head and slide the piece on his neck, then pop the head back on. Then, you have to get them to stand. This was easy, which was a good thing.

So, using my best Ed Sullivan voice, here they are.....The Beatles!

Paul


John


George


And Ringo


"Cause The Singers Going To Sing A Song And He Wants You All To Sing Along...


The stage is made of light plastic and the stage is made of cardboard. It makes for a pretty nice display. I can't wait until I can display this with the rest of my Beatles collection on a shelf.

Overall, this is a cute set for kids to play with and learn about the greatest band ever from their parents as they play Beatles tunes. for 9.99, I think this set is worth the pick up and will make a nice addition to any Beatles collection. Just be careful with the pieces and you should be fine.

Now, I may pick up the KISS set as well.

4 comments:

  1. If only they made 3.75 versions of pepperland. That I would buy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would have been awesome. Little meanies and a Glove.

      Delete
  2. These are awesome! Did they only make KISS & The Beatles? I'd love to find both of these and any other bands they created.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As far as I know it was just those two. That's all I've seen.

      Delete