Monday, March 4, 2013

Mego Mondays: Batman Bank


A couple of weeks ago, I was able to add a vintage Batman piece to my collection for barely the price of a movie ticket. The fact that it was a Mego piece and one that was one my Batman wish list was just the icing on the cake. When the package arrived last week, I tore that box open and was pretty thrilled with the bank.


I knew when I made my bid on the auction that the bank was not in pristine condition. But I really didn't care. The fact that it still has the emblem and there's barely any paint loss on the ban, so that was enough for me to pull the trigger on it.


This is really the only thing wrong with the bank. There seems to be some residue from what appears to be a sticker on it. I could try to clean it up a bit, but I'm afraid of peeling off some paint. I'll figure something out.


The back of the bank looks pretty good. No paint loss or any scratches.


Here's another problem. The plug is missing on the bottom of the bank. I honestly don't remember reading that fact on the auction listing. It's not really a deal breaker. You can't see that the plug is missing while it's standing up.

Overall, I'm very happy with this pick and will look great on my Batman shelf when I put it up. I'm thinking of   doing a shelf switch soon and I want to put up some of my Batman goodies, When I do, I will definitely put up pics on here so you can take a look an offer up opinions.

I'm also doing good with my Batman wish list. I picked up another vintage piece for a steal and will post a blog on it later in the week. Maybe if I'm lucky, I can pick up half the pieces on the list by the end of the year.

3 comments:

  1. You have somewhere to put your bat quarters and nickels...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice piece Mike. Looking forward to seeeing this on your Bat-Shelf.

    ReplyDelete