Tuesday, August 6, 2013

I Know I Said I Was Done With The Hauls....






So, I actually forgot to show off a non comic book pick up from the comic book marketplace. I was actually done shopping, but was giving the place a once over to make sure I didn't miss anything. Oh, but I had.

I went back to the first table I bought books from and was aimlessly flipping through books I had already looked through when out of the corner of my eye I saw a box on the floor, under a chair. When I saw the words "Star Wars" and "Luke Skywalker" on front my interest peaked. I asked to see the box and was handed a Kenner 12 inch Luke Skywalker In Ceremonial Gear figure. It was a figure I have wanted for the Skywalker collection for a while now. I have been watching a few on eBay, but never wanted to pay the prices I saw them finish at. I instantly asked how much he was asking for it.

The dealer looked the box over and the asked what did I want to pay for it. Damn, I hate when dealers say that, I never know what to say. I don't want to offer a low ball offer that will have the dude laughing and asking me to leave his booth. I responded by asking if he had a figure in mind.

"Well, I was selling it in my store for $42.00", he replied.

$42.00? Was he smoking Deathsticks? No wonder it never sold.

I looked the box over. It had dings on it and the cellophane was coming off a bit. No way I would even offer anything close to $42.00. I had seen these figures finish at a lot less than that, so I was going to offer him a figure I would be comfortable with and if I landed it, great. If not, so be it. I told him the best I could do on it was $10.00.

Sold.

So, for the low, low price of ten smackers, I walked away with another piece added to my growing Luke Skywalker figure.


I have not opened the box and let Luke out just yet and I'm not planning to until I have a spot to put him. The figure looks pretty sweet. Luke comes dressed in the Ceremonial outfit he wore at the end of New Hope. Black boots, brown pants, black shirt and mustard colored jacket create the ensemble. The likeness isn't too bad for a mid-nineties figure. The accessories Luke comes with are a lightsaber that is hanging off his belt and the blue blade that goes right into the handle in case you wanted to pose Luke holding the saber. It also comes with a blaster, a blaster holder which is strapped onto Luke's thigh and the medal that Princess Leia gives him at a ceremony on Yavin 4 at the end of the movie. This is a really nice figure.


The back of the box gives a little info about the 12 inch line as well as which figures that will be available. According to the box, a Stormtooper, Grand Moff Tarkin and Greedo were made available, although since Han and Leia are also pictured I would bet an ewok or two that they were also made in Ceremonial Garb as well. Btw, the dealer wasn't kidding. You can see the $42.00 price tag on the lower right hand corner of the box.

At the price I grabbed this figure, I know I got a terrific deal. Yes, the figures I have seen on eBay went for around the same price, but I didn't have to pay shipping and wait a few days for it to arrive. It may not be a Hot Toys Luke (which I would give my right hand...oops.), but I think it's pretty bad ass anyway and it will look great among the rest of my Skywalker collection. Hopefully, I can show it off soon and have everyone see that the Force has been strong with this one.

Ok, I know it's a bad joke, but I really couldn't figure out a way to end this.



No comments:

Post a Comment