Wednesday, October 16, 2013

New York Comic Con


I resigned myself to the fact that I would be missing New York Comic Con this year. I was actually fine with it. I am saving my pennies for my trip to Los Angeles to see my baby at the end of the month, so I wasn't even thinking about trying to find a way in this year.

Then, around 4:30 PM Friday afternoon my buddy, Jose, texted me asking me to call him. I ran to my desk at the office and called him back. Turns out he had weekend passes and his friend cancelled for that evening and he wanted to know if I wanted to go.

Um, yeah.

So, after I got off work, I met up with Jose in front of Jacobs Javitz Center and in we went. Jose runs a website called Talking About Games, which talks about makeup and hair styles. Nah, it's a video game website. You can check out the website at talkingaboutgames.com.

Ok, enough of the props. On to the pictures.

I'm pretty much going to let the pictures do the talking here. Unfortunately, since time was limited, I didn't get to see everything I wanted, which is fine. I ha a blast in the time I was there and hope I can make another Comic Con in the future. If you are on my Facebook page, you already seen these, but if you aren't (shame one you), here they are.


Walking up to the entrance

.
I would kill to own this.


This too.



I love this poster


Snootchie Bootchies



I still need that Art FX Batman statue.




Love these bust banks.

My favorite booth was the Toyworth booth, which displayed some sweet vintage stuff.


Check out that awesome vintage Batman and the Justice League playset. Drool.





Sweet vintage looking Spidey card from Hallmark.


Awesome Batman stuff. I want them all!


I will be reading this when it's released. I believe it's going to be put out by Dark Horse.


Lola from Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. made an appearance.






We end with Neil Adams. One day, I will have a commissioned Batman piece from Neil. Unfortunately, at $300.00 a pop, that will be a long way off.

Again, I want to thank my buddy, Jose from Talking About Games for the pass to get in. I really enjoyed looking at all the cool stuff. Go check out his website and listen to his podcast as well. I will guest on it one day and knowing the two of us, you never know what will come out of our mouths.

Hope you enjoyed the pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment