Monday, October 14, 2013

What Do You Think?



Can You Help A Poor American Who's Down On His Luck?

I love that bit from a Bugs Bunny Cartoon. Always wanted to use it here in someway.

Back on June 3rd, 2009, I wrote my first entry for the "Sexy Geek's House Of Swag". Originally, it was intended to be a sports blog, covering my sports card addiction as well as showing off any autograph, figurine pick ups and posting any views on what was going on in the sports world.

Obviously, something happened on the way to Heaven.

4 years later, The Sexy Geek's going strong, but whatever ideas I had about making this a sports blog went out the window when I restarted reading comics, buying toys and reading blogs like Cool And Collected, Batcave Toy Room, and William Bruce West. These three blogs are who I give credit to inspiring me to switch up from sports, which I was really comfortable discussing, to pop culture, which I was not initially, I really still feel like I am relearning everything pop culture, but it has now become such a passion for me that I am re-reading comics I read as a kid, reading comics I missed out on, watching movies, reading books and, more importantly, collecting. After 4 years later, I think I'm doing something right. What that is, I really don't know.

Now that we are in the month of October and 2013 is nearing it's end, I wanted to get some feed back from you guys. Do you enjoy reading the blog? What changes would you make to make it even better? Are there any subjects I should be discussing more? I really want to make this blog one you guys enjoy reading and would love to have more readers come by and take a look

Some of the things I was tinkering with in my head was to maybe add a YouTube page as a companion to the blog, expanding the page with links to trade bait or maybe even moving it to another blog page.

One thing I really would love to do is create a banner for the page. Problem is, I have no artistic skills nor am I handy with Photoshop and I cannot afford someone to create the banner for me. Hopefully, I can figure out how to add the banner before 2014 begins. Again, I am open to suggestions on how I can go about creating one.

Anyway, I'd like to say thanks ahead of time for any suggestions you guys might have for me. I love writing this blog and I want to make it one you guys will continue to enjoy reading for the next few years or for as long as I am able to write it. I have a lot of plans for 2014 and making "The Sexy Geek's House Of Swag" even better is one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment