Friday, November 8, 2013

League Of Extraordinary Bloggers: Hake's Auction #210, Pick Your Goodies!


Boy oh boy oh boy oh boy, do I love to shop. Especially if said shopping spree is to add more pop culture goodness to the House Of Swag. Batman, Spider-Man, Comic Books, Beatles, Vintage Marvel or DC, Superman, Luke Skywalker, Star Wars, Hulk. It doesn't matter. If I like it, I want it.

This week's League assignment is for us bloggers to look through the current Hake's Americana & Collectibles Auction #210 catalog. Now, imaging you won the lottery and bought Tony Stark's mansion, what would you buy to hook up the man cave?

Hmmmm...

So, what I decided to do was to limit my spending spree to 5 items. Setting a limit will help me to decide what I really want, as opposed to buying up everything I see. Although Hake's might not mind that, I love hunting for new additions to my collection, so I would want to have something to hunt for and the money to spend it on.

Plus, I'm sure you guys don't want to read the ramblings of a mad man any longer than you have to.

Wait a minute..

1-Mego 12.25 Batman Magnetic Variant Boxed Action Figure


There are two things I know I will never pass up without either picking it up or drooling over it and that's Batman and Mego. This magnetic Batman figure has been on my wish list for a while and the thought of owning a boxed version is enough to make me get my credit card out faster than a disgruntled Batman fan go on line to complain about Ben Affleck playing the Caped Crusader. I'm assuming Burbank Toys is a toy store that is no longer in business which makes the thought of owning this piece even more appealing to me.

2-Green Hornet Metal Lunch Box With Thermos


I love the Green Hornet. I have been a fan of the T.V. series for a while now and have wanted to start a Green Hornet collection for a while, especially after meeting Van Williams this past spring. Picking up this lunch box with some brilliant art showing Williams and Bruce Lee kicking some thug butt would be a great way to start my Green Hornet collection.

3-Superman Krypto-Raygun Boxed Daisy Set


If there is one thing I really love, it's vintage toys and brother, this one fits the bill. Check out the awesome box art. To me, Superman is one of those superheroes who looked awesome the way he was drawn back in the 40's and 50's. The box beautifully captures Superman the way he was presented back in 1940. Sure the box shows wear, but to me that's part of the charm of it. I'm not sure I would open the box to take out the ray gun for fear of breaking the box. Either way, this would look fantastic on my shelf and would be the centerpiece of my growing Superman collection.

4-Ideal Bat Cave


Another piece of Bat memorabilia that causes strange stirrings in my utility belt. Released during the height of Bat-mania in 1966, this playset doubled as a carrying case for your Ideal action figures. This particular set comes with Batman, Robin and the Batmobile



This would look pretty sweet displayed in the cave among my vintage Batman merchandise. I have seen this piece go for hundreds, but hey, I'm rich now. I can afford it.

5-Rawhide Linen Mounted 3 Sheet Movie Poster


Ok, the New York Yankees fanatic in me cannot pass up the chance to own this movie poster. Why would a baseball fan want a movie poster of a western picture? Because it's the only movie that Yankee great Lou Gehrig ever appeared in. I've never seen the complete movie, just bits and pieces here and there. In the movie, Gehrig gives up baseball for the peace and quiet of the west as he visits his sister in Rawhide, MT. Once there, he encounters a group of thugs who run a protection racket through fear and violence. He teams up with an attorney to fight the bad guys. From the bits I have seen, the movie doesn't look as good as Pride Of The Yankees, but if I can ever find a complete copy of the movie, I'll watch it. This movie poster would be a very unique item to have hanging up on my wall right next to my Yankees collection.

The five items I picked would be welcome additions to the man cave and would certainly be centerpieces in their respective collections. They each represent my favorites and I would absolutely kill to own them. OK, maybe not kill. How about tickle until your sides hurt to own them? Yeah, that will do just fine. Maybe one day I will have the opportunity to own at least one of the items I picked. They would definitely be going to a great home.

Check out the auction here: http://www.hakes.com/default.asp

Check out what pieces my fellow League members are drooling over:

http://jathniel-velazquez.squarespace.com/journal/11/5/2013/l4akaqa9xyxdql2zjgdm2tyjbl3pvl

http://www.ditreasures.blogspot.com/2013/11/fantasy-shopping-frenzy.html?m=1

http://aeiouwhy.blogspot.com/2013/11/league-post-hakes-auction-210.html

http://coolandcollected.com/revving-up-for-hakes-latest-auction/

No comments:

Post a Comment