Friday, November 8, 2013

Stan Lee's Comikaze Expo


About a week ago, I went back to visit my girlfriend who lives in Los Angeles County. It was a trip I was looking forward to because I missed her terribly and I wanted to spend a lot of time with her and her awesome daughter, Mariah. While I was there, I got to meet her family and go Trick or Treating with them, went to see the Last Vegas (very funny movie), watched the Jets game in a Raiders bar, eat like a pig and, oh yeah, attend Stan Lee's Comikaze Expo.

The Expo was held at the Los Angeles Convention Center, which is right across the street from the Staples Center. I think this was the first Comikaze Expo and I have to tell you, I really enjoyed myself at the show. There was everything you could imagine at this convention. Toys, comics, apparel, artists, actors, musicians, wrestlers, cos players, movie props, games, memorabilia and yes, Stan Lee was there, although the closest I got to Stan The Man was when he took the stage to say hi and I was very far back  and couldn't get a good picture of him.

Why yes, I did take pictures while I was there. Want to see?


I am curious as to why an Octopus was included in the logo for the Expo.


That's Mariah looking at me like, what are you doing?


We arrived around 11 am Saturday morning and the place was packed.

There were some Hollywood cars making appearances.




And I managed to squeeze a pic of me in front of my two favorites



My Marla Hooch shot


R2-D2 was there as well. I asked him for an autograph and he just screamed at me. Arrogant droid.

Actually, some guy made a couple R2's and had them running around the Expo floor. He did a great job on them. Loos like the authentic droid from the movie.


The last thing I saw before passing out from being choked.

While walking around, I passed by a certain Dark Knight who was admiring the swag I was wearing. After arguing who was the real Batman (I'm Batman), we called a truce and posed for a picture.



Marvel Studios had some displays up at the Expo








You know, Chitari's look so much shorter in The Avengers.


Watching this artist create this piece was awesome. Makes me wish I had talent like this. I'd exploit it.

Mattel had some figures on display in it's booth.

Ghostbusters







DC









I'm not sure about these bears. But, if it's Batman, I will usually pick it up.



I lied. This was the closest I got to Stan Lee while I was there.


Rob...Van...Dam!


Weird Al Yankovic

Lou Ferigno was there as well and I was dying to meet him, but I really didn't want to pay the $40.00 he was charging. I am regretting it now. I hope to rectify that mistake one day.


An artist made these figures and had them on display. If you said the Spider-Man was my favorite, you would actually be wrong.


This Gene Simmons was my favorite. God Of Thunder and Rock N Rolllll!

I managed to take some pictures with a couple of displays



I managed to make it out of Comikaze with a couple of goodies



The Batman Bendie figure and the Detective Comics Batman Sketch done by Ivan Fuentes were gifts from my girlfriend. I picked up the Funko Pop Peter Parker Comikaze Exclusive. The 1966 Batman t-shirt was picked up at Target and the Batman watch was grabbed at Journey's, also gifts from my girlfriend. I grabbed the Funko Pop Blackest Night Batman Hot Topic Exclusive. I will do reviews on most of the goodies you see in the pictures.

When I left Comikaze, I came away with a couple of more important things. One, I really need to lose some weight. two, and most important was I was able to take my girlfriend's daughter to her very first comic con and she loved every minute of it.


We saw an adorable little girl dressed as a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle and Mariah had to take a picture with her. I got to spend a lot of time with Mariah on this trip and I discovered that she is such an intelligent young woman who I loved being around. I am just so glad I was able to take her to her first, and hopefully not her last comic con.


That smile is worth more to me than anything I could have bought at the Expo. It's a smile that says she will be back. I think I may have started her on the road to true geekdom. YES!

Plus, I got to go home with these two beautiful ladies


No comments:

Post a Comment