Sunday, March 30, 2014

From The Spider-Man Collection:Spider-Man Yahtzee


One of my goals this year is to show off pieces of my various collections that I haven't shown off before. Before, my pick ups would get in the way of showing off pieces, but now that my pick ups are going to be slowed down a bit, I fell now is the time to show some off.

One of my favorite collections I own is my Spider-Man collection. He's my favorite hero and the largest I own. It's also the most unique. I have different Spider-Man pieces from comic books to action figures to cups to cards to sketches. Today's piece is one that I think is very cool.


I had my eye on this game for a while and, lucky for me, I got it for Christmas from my buddy, George.

Right away, I loved this as soon as I set my eyes on it. The container that is shaped like Spider-Man's head looks like it jumped out of a comic book page drawn by the legendary John Romita. I also loved that Parker Brothers used the vintage Spider-Man lettering right over the Spidey's head.



On either side of the box your getting pretty much the picture of Spider-Man, although they are turned around. Still, love the vintage sweetness that was used on the box.


Top of the box has another classic Spidey drawing. Looks like he has his clothes webbed up on his back as his Spidey Sense is going off. He probably senses how much I love this box.


As soon as you open the box, you see this on top. You get some score sheets, instructions and a pencil. I definitely need those instructions as I have never played Yahtzee in my life.


As you can see, the Spidey container is protected within the plastic bubble that is sealed into the cardboard backing. With the container, you also get a set of 5 dice (or is it die?). On the dice, we get pictures of the Green Goblin, Doc Ock, Venom, Carnage and the Kingpin.

Unfortunately, the only way to get to the container and dice is to break open the plastic and cardboard and I do not know how to play, I opted to keep this intact. It just looks too cool to break open. Plus, I know that this will look awesome on the shelf among the other Spidey goodies I own.

Over the next few weeks, I am going to be showcasing different pieces of my Spidey collection. I am very proud of how many different pieces I have in it and I am always looking to add to the collection. Spider-Man was the first super hero that I noticed and became a fan of, so I will always collect Spider-man merchandise. Hopefully, I can soon display all my Spidey stuff and really show off how cool it is. Until then, I will just show off the collection, piece by piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment