Thursday, May 12, 2011

Happy Birthday Yogi

Happy Birthday to the greatest living Yankee, Yogi Berra. Born May 12, 1925, Yogi is considered one of the greatest catchers in baseball history. Yogi is a 13 time world champion (10 as a player, 3 as a coach for the Mets and Yankees), a 18 time All Star, a 3 time MVP and was inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame in 1972. Rightfully, his number 8 has been retired by the Yankees, although he did share the number with former Yankees catcher and HOF'er, Bill Dickey.

This game used card is from Upper Deck Ultimate. I picked it up at a card show a few years ago. I wanted to show off the two autos I have of his, but alas, they have not been scanned yet nor has the other game used jersey card or Yankee Stadium seat card I have. The only thing I'm missing is a signed baseball from Yogi and I hope to have that in June when he makes an apperance for the New Jersey Jackels in Montclair University in Monclair, NJ.

Happy Birthday Yogi. If you come to a fork in the road, take it.

1 comment: