Friday, May 13, 2011

Yankees TTM-Austin Kearns


Another add to the Yankees PC arrived today from Cleveland. Austin Kearns signed this 2010 Topps Series 2 card for me in about 3 weeks time. It was sent to him in care of Progressive Field. As you can see, it's signed in blue sharpie, which got a little smudged in the envelope.

The Yankees obtained Kearns from the Indians in a trade on July 30, 2010 for pitcher Zach McAllister. In the time he was here, Kearns was used as a 4th outhfielder, batting .235 with 2 home runs and 7 RBI's in 36 games. He resigned with Cleveland in the off season and hasn't gotten off to a great start, batting .149 with 0 home runs and 2 RBI. Hopefully, his year will get better for him.

I've always liked Kearns from his days in Cincinnati and Washington. I wanted him to resign with the Yankees and I'm rooting for him to put it together in Cleveland.

3 comments:

  1. Wow. I don't even remember him playing for the Yankees.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice success! I have that card and may be shooting him a request as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't even know he was a Yankee.

    The auto looks good.

    ReplyDelete