Monday, August 2, 2010

8/2/2010-The organization continues





So, I'm a week into the card organizing and I have to say, it's more work than I imagined and I'm only working on Topps main sets. It's a bit frustrating, but fun at the same time as I am finding cards I didn't even know I had.

I had decided to start off with just organizing the Topps sets I have. I have cards from these sets that go back to 1956. Mind you, not all these sets are complete, nor do I have cards from every year. But completing these set will be a fun challenge. Only problem I see is that not all these sets will ever be complete. Unless I hit the lottery or find a very generous benefactor, I will not be adding a 1952 Topps Mickey Mantle rookie card to my collection or any of his cards for that matter. Heck, all his other cards would put a serious hurting on my bank account, so unless I find a deal, Mantle's 1950's and 1960's cards will probably not be added to my collection anytime soon. Doesn't mean I can't have a nice collection. Right now, my main focus is on cards released from 1970-present. whenever I can add a nice vintage card, at the right price, I will.

I started looking through all my boxes and pulling out all Topps main set cards. and organizing them in piles by year. After pulling the duplicates, I placed the cards in 9 pocket sleeve pages and placed them in order by year. So far, I have most of the 1970's done. I have cards from the 80's, 90's and new millenium already put in pages, I just have to go through them and make sure there are no inserts or dups. Then I have some 60's cards to organize. I hope to be done with all this within the next week or so.

After, it will be on to the other Topps sets like Allen & Ginter, Heritage, etc. That will take a while. I'm so not looking forward to tackling Upper Deck. at this rate, it will be the start of the 2011 season before I'm done.

Stay tuned....

No comments:

Post a Comment