Monday, June 17, 2013

The Weekend Hauls


This weekend, my buddy George and I went to Poughkeepsie, NY to go see Man Of Steel and to see if we can add to our collections. George is just as much a collector as I am. I learned a lot from George so anytime I get the opportunity to go on a hunt, I will jump at the chance every time.

The first place we stopped was the Goodwill store. I usually find something worth my money here and today was no exception.


This was a DVD I had wanted for a while. The Scooby-Doo Meets Batman DVD has the 2 episodes of "The Scooby-Doo Movies" which Batman and Robin appeared on. The episodes, The Dynamic Scooby-Doo Affair and The Caped Crusader Caper, aired on September 15th and December 15th 1972, respectively. I remember watching the episodes in reruns on WPIX-TV and enjoying them. It's a nice addition to my Batman DVD collection and at 2.99, one deal I couldn't pass up.

The next stop we made was at Big Lots where I always find some stuff to take home with me. On this day, I was able to take home three pretty cool items.


I grabbed this great looking 3 inch Batman figure from the Dark Knight Rises line. I grabbed this figure because I thought it looked like the New 52 Batman. I have to admit, in the next movie, I would like to see Batman wear an outfit similar to this one rather than the all black outfit.


Last week, I posted a whole blog about starting up a Superman collection, so I grabbed this 3 inch Superman from the Man Of Steel line. I don't think I will be grabbing too much of the Man Of Steel stuff except the Movie Master figure, but at 5 bucks, I figured it wouldn't hurt the collection to have it. I would be paying a few bucks extra at Target for the same figure. By the way, my thoughts on Man Of Steel, I liked it, but I didn't love it.


I also grabbed this Star Wars Poster Puzzle set for my Luke Skywalker collection. I am not really sure what I am going to do with this. I could put the puzzle together, frame it and hang it up next to my collection when I have a shelf up or I could just leave it in the pouch and put it on the shelf. For 2 bucks, I couldn't pass it up.

The last stop on my shopping spree was at Dragon's Den, which is a comic book shop in Poughkeepsie. There used to be a Dragon's Den in Yonkers that was practically next door to the Barnes N Noble where George and I used to work. It was the first comic store I would buy my books at and I really wish they left it where it was. The owners moved it to an outdoor shopping mall named Cross County, then closed it. This store, I think, is the last in the chain. I usually never find anything to pick up, but I was able to find one comic to take home with me:


I have been reading Dark Horse's Star Wars run since the first issue and love it. It's one of the few books I have been picking up each month. I actually missed this issue when it came out and when I found it at Dragon's Den, I grabbed it. I need to find Issue 6 now and read it with this issue.

Overall, I did pretty good. I added some pretty cool stuff to my various collections and didn't even break the bank doing it. But even more, I got to hang out and celebrate my buddy George's birthday with him. It was an honor to hang out with my long time buddy and see Man Of Steel, have some great food and go toy hunting. Happy Birthday buddy. I leave you with this:


Stay Sexy My Friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment