Saturday, February 9, 2013

I Want Them, I Want Them, I Want Them!


Looking at various toy related sites and blogs, I see that Mattel has officially released pictures of the 1966 Batman TV Series line. From what I understand, they will go for 15.00 per figure, while the Batmobile will be 49.99. 

I am very excited about this line. I have loved this series since I was 5 years old, maybe younger. I would watch the reruns of the show on Channel 5, then Channel 11. I never missed the show when it was on. It was my absolute favorite and still is to this day. 

Now that we have the figures coming out, I would love, love, love the series to finally be released on DVD/ Blu Ray. That would be the greatest!

Big thanks to USA Today for the pics. 

Love that this will come with a cloth cape, instead of a plastic one.


Batmobile looks fantastic!


The Riddler was my favorite villain from the series. Frank Gorshen was fantastic as The Riddler. I like how this one came out. Would love it if they released one with him in the bowler and suit.


Before Mickey, there was The Penguin. The likeness of Burgess Meredith is pretty spot on. The Penguin utters my all time favorite line in the Batman Movie when after they vaporize the henchmen and he and Catwoman are sweeping the dust into vials, he tells Catwoman, Careful, careful. Everyone of them had a mother. Classic!

Let the drooling commence!
 

4 comments:

  1. I remember going to see Frank Gorshin live at a comedy club in Atlanta. He was brilliant....THEN....some jackass in the audience said aloud to do the riddler...Oh boy. Frank exploded on stage. He said that he is MORE than some character he played for 2 years on a show and told the guy to suck it. I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited, I can't stop thinking about. A version of the Riddler in a suit and bowler would be awesome. Can't wait to see what else is yet to come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah I think I might have to have some of these.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never thought in all my born days that I would be able to own a Batmobile that fits six inch figures. I am totally going to go broke this summer when these are released. I have an INSIDER at Toys R Us who will put away everything I want once it shows up. You can only get the Batmobile at TRS I want to avoid the secondary market for this one if I could.

    ReplyDelete