Monday, February 4, 2013

New Bat Item: The Bat Signal


The Bat Signal. This beacon of light sends fears through the hearts of criminals everywhere as once it is lit, an ass kicking of epic proportions from the Batman isn't too far behind. From it's first appearance in Detective Comics #60 way back in 1942, this distress signal has always been apart of the Batman mythos, even to this day in the recent Christopher Nolan Dark Knight movies. 

Recently, I have been on a tremendous Bat-Kick. The only comics I am reading are Batman and Justice League, because Batman is a member. Anything I am keeping an eye on over at eBay is Batman related and anything I do pick up (which isn't much lately), is something Batman. My most recent pick up is something I have wanted for a few months now.


When I first saw this at Barnes N Noble, I new that I would be picking this up eventually. This little guy comes with the Bat Signal (Battery Included) and a teeny tiny book about the basic history of Batman. 


Here's what you get inside the box. I have the feeling that reading that little book will present a challenge to someone with my hands. 


This Bat Signal is pretty awesome looking. Made of plastic, it still gives off a sturdy look to the casing and is pretty detailed for something this small.


Here is the back. As you can see, the compartment for the battery goes in the back and has to be opened with a screwdriver. 


Underneath, we find the on and off switch that makes the signal light up. Not sure if this is a problem that everyone has with this, but I have to switch mine on and off twice before I get the light to turn on. Not really a big deal to me, but it was a bit surprising when it initially happened.


Took out my Superman/Batman figure to show the size comparison. I bet Bats is thinking to himself size doesn't matter.


And here is this sucker lit up. Believe me when I tell you, the light on this thing is a lot more powerful than I initially thought. It took a few minutes for that yellow blog that was hanging out in my vision to vamoose. 

When pointed to a wall, you get a huge Bat Symbol looking right back at you. It's pretty cool and I do wish I could show you, but the camera on my phone did not pick it up when I took the pictures. You'll just have to take my word for it. Or better yet, go get one of your own.

For $9.99, this is a pretty cool piece to have. It gives off pretty good light and would look absolutely awesome in any Batman collection. You can find these in Wal-Mart, Barnes N Noble or any place that sells those little rack books. There was a Batmobile as well, which I will have to pick up at some point as well. I think this little guy belongs in all Batman collections. 

So, go pick yourself up one, throw on that Batman Halloween costume from last year and pretend to answer the call of the Bat. Better yet, don't. Just enjoy the signal and leave it at that.

6 comments: