Sunday, July 28, 2013

Ahh, I Love The Smell Of Old Comic Books In A Small Hotel Conference Room


Today my buddy, George and I decided to go out on a hunt for comic books. And not just any comics. We wanted old, cheap books to read. The kind of book that was read and re-read a few times before I got my grubby mitts on it. Luckily, George knew where we could find books like these. At a good old fashioned comic book marketplace.

At a Holiday Inn at Hasbrouck Heights, NJ there was a comic book marketplace that I believe is held a few times a year. It was one of those marketplaces that was held in a room where you walked in the front door and fell out the back window. Where people battled for elbow room and to check out boxes and boxes of comic books.

And I loved it.

My game plan going in was to go for books I just wanted to read. I wasn't looking for high dollar items. Just books to read and to fill holes in my collection until I can upgrade them. I also did not want to spend a whole lot of money either. Lucky for me, at a comic book marketplace there are a ton of books that could be had for very little.

After looking at the dollar and 4 for a dollar boxes, I came away with a ton of books. Now, the condition of these books are not the greatest, which is to be expected in dollar boxes. That said, I think I came away with some nice books. I will split the haul over the next couple of days as I don't want to write up a long, boring blog. I will have the next few days to do that. What? I keed. I keed.

I'm trying to put together a complete Run of Peter Parker: The Spectacular Spider-Man. I would love a complete Amazing Spider-Man run as well as Batman, but with those titles, you're running into high dollar books that I will never be able to afford. Peter Parker was one of the first comic books I read as a kid because I dug the picture of Peter Parker pulling on his Spidey mask in the upper left corner of the comic, so I want to put that series together. Here are some PPTSM books I grabbed:













I cannot wait to start reading these books. Spider-Man is one of my very favorites and is always a good read no matter what title he is in. I also plan to start a Web Of Spider-Man collection when I can as that title was one of my favorites in the 80's. There was a ton of Web at the show, but I left those behind. Next time.

I bought home more Spidey, but I'll save those for the next blog. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment