Monday, September 9, 2013

Who Am I? You Sure You Want To Know?


Yes, I realize I stole that line from Spider-Man, but I find it fits this particular blog post. I also realize I am late in my response. Please allow me to explain myself.

A couple weeks ago Brian over at Cool And Collected asked us to write a tell all blog. Who are we? What makes us tick? What are our favorite colors? Who is our favorite Spice Girl? Do we really think Miley is out of her mind? This is an assignment I really wanted to be a part of. But life took over and I missed the deadline on getting this blog in.

So, I said to myself, who cares? I will still write it up.

So here it is. The blog that will end all rumors about who I am and if there is no rumors, then I will start some.

-I call myself The Sexy Geek, yet I really don't believe that I am. Handsome, in a weird way, maybe.

-I collect Batman, Spider-Man, Luke Skywalker, The Beatles, and The Monkees, but I also have smaller collections of Iron Man, Superman and KISS.

-Yes, I am passionate about pop culture and superheros, but I a just as passionate about sports. I do collect the New York Yankees, New York Jets, New York Knicks, New York Islanders and New Jersey Devils Among my possessions, I collect cards, autographs, bobbleheads, figurines and vintage items pertaining to my teams. I also collect players like Tino Martinez, Mark Teixeira, Wayne Chrebet, Patrick Ewing, David Lee, Mike Bossy and Martin Broduer.

-I also write a sports blog about my collection and hauls, in case you didn't know. Here is the link: http://thesexygeekssportsroom.blogspot.com. I don't post there as often as I would like and I am going to change that.

-I work as an accounts payable clerk for a background check company in Lower Manhattan. I hate my job.

-I cuss like a filthy sailor, but you will never read a swear word on my blog.

-I love music. I am always listening to my ipod, rocking the obnoxiously large Yankees headphones my kid sister bought me (I love them). The music I have on my ipod differs. I could be listening to the Man of Steel soundtrack, next song might be a Beatles song, then Metallica, then Harry Connick Jr, and round it out with the Monkees. Yeah, I said Monkees. Stop that laughing.

-My favorite bands/musicians are The Beatles, The Monkees, Depeche Mode, KISS, Billy Joel, The Foo Fighters, Nirvana, The Cure, Inxs and Genesis.

-I have a wonderful girlfriend who lives out in the Los Angeles area. I know in my heart she is the one and that we will be living happily ever after one day.

-I love beer. Blue Moon is my favorite, although I have been known to enjoy a nice apple cider or a Sam Adams Seasonal brew like Summer Ale or Oktoberfest.

-I have two tattoos and I want more.

-WWE Raw is a guilty pleasure.

-One of my goals in life is to visit every major league baseball stadium. So far, I have Yankee Stadium (old and new), Citi Field, Shea Stadium, Fenway Park, Citizens Bank Ballpark, SafeCo Field, Wrigley Field, Angels Stadium and Dodger Stadium crossed off my list.

-I am a huge fan of classic cinema. Some of my favorites are Sunset Blvd, The Apartment, Rebel Without A Cause, Pride Of The Yankees, Starlagg 17, Mr. Smith Goes To Washington, The Maltese Falcon and Some Like It Hot. Anything Hitchock, Dean, Marx Brothers, Wilder and Lemon is alright with me.

-I really want to expand the Sexy Geek's House Of Swag. I just don't know how.

-I have never owned a car, but when I do, it will be a Jeep Liberty in Yankee Blue. I will settle for black if I can't get the blue. Batmobile, baby.

-New York City maybe the most exciting city in the world, but I'm tired of it. I long for a more peaceful life.

-I'm part of a baseball card team collectors group and have been for the past 7 years, I think. My Yankees collection has grown exponentially since I joined. The members are some of the most generous people I know.

-I love cartoons. I only watch the superhero cartoons that come out today, but I will watch Tom And Jerry, Loony Toons, The Flintstones, The Jetsons, Top Cat, Battle Of The Planets, Superfriends anytime they are on.

-I don't have idols, but if I had to pick someone it would be Kevin Smith. He's done everything I have wanted to do. Made films, wrote comic books, opened a comic book store, wrote books and hosts podcasts. The man is freaking awesome.

-I love music from the 50's, 60's, 70's, and the 80's. Yes, I know I sound like a radio commercial.

-The two talents I wish I had was the ability to draw and play guitar.

-I love to cook.  I am limited in what I can make, but what I can make, I make very well.

-I am a carnivore to the fullest.

-I love my family and would do anything for them.

-I will only watch Star Wars Episodes III, IV, V and VI.

-I love YouTube.

-I like animals more than most people.

-I have to have coffee in the morning, I will be quite the grumpy geek if I am cafeless.

That is who I am. There maybe more, but I can't remember. It's late and I am a tired geek. As I go, I will leave you with these words of wisdom, never make a bet with a man who have "The" in his name.

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me. I am now and forever The Sexy Geek. Stay Sexy my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment